Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cake


Western boots for sale at a sidewalk sale. I am always amused by the vanity of the rugged, Western man. It is touching.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake is one of my favorite recipes. I used zucchini that I picked from my own garden when I first started making this cake. The recipe was from a friend; I may have changed it a bit over the years.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup oil
1-3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2-1/2 cups flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 cups finely diced fresh zucchini (I leave the skin on, if home grown)
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325º F. Combine lemon juice and milk. Cream the butter, oil, and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla, and soured milk; beat until thoroughly combined. Combine the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture. Beat well. Stir in the diced zucchini. Spoon the batter into a greased and floured 9" x 13" x 2" cake pan. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips. Bake at 325º F. for 40 to 45 minutes, or until done. Cool before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment